Friday 11 October 2013

Evaluation of introduction to 2D design



After having a 2 week introduction to 2D design, I am certainly more aware of 2D design in my everyday environment - from wall paper patterns to road signs, they all must be designed by a 2D designer of some sort. I think my ideas of what 2D design can involve has definitely broadened.

The one particular discipline I was most interested by was typography. This was because I found it really interesting looking at typography artists and how typography can be made in such a large variety of ways. Posters and pieces of art could be purely typography and still be just as successful if not more successful than pieces including images.


Isidro Ferrer
http://soleneleblanc.com/files/gimgs/13_nevers3_v2.jpg
Solene LeBlanc




















These two artists above especially inspired me as they created their typography in such an unusual way. It really emphasised to me the fact that typography is so important and can be much more versatile than just digital ready made fonts.


No comments:

Post a Comment